Our General Terms and Conditions apply to all orders that you - the client - conclude with us - Verlingua BV.
Our Service Agreement applies to all services that you – as service provider – provide to us – Verlingua BV.
As client or service provider, you declare that you understand the language in which our General Terms and Conditions and Service Agreement are written.
If you consider that deviations from our General Terms and Conditions or Service Agreement are necessary for a specific individual order, this can be agreed upon. You must then submit these deviations to us in writing prior to the conclusion of the agreement for the order in question.
If no explicit request is submitted to Verlingua concerning deviations to the General Terms and Conditions or Service Agreement, it is considered that those presented in our General Terms and Conditions and Service Agreement are accepted. If no agreement is reached regarding any deviation from the General Terms and Conditions or Service Agreement, those presented in our General Terms and Conditions or Service Agreement stand.
Terms and Conditions
- Establishment of the agreements
- Each quote is valid for 30 (thirty) calendar days.
- Orders are scheduled after you have agreed in writing to the specifications from the quote you received via email. From that moment on you, as the client, enter into an agreement with us and you agree to these General Terms and Conditions and all the information in the written quote.
- If certain supporting materials (documents, sources, lists of terminology, etc.) are deemed necessary in order to guarantee the appropriate execution of the order, you are required to provide these supporting materials to assist in the conclusion of the agreement. In case of a delay in your providing these supporting materials, the initially suggested deadline is also susceptible to delay. The duration of this delay may be longer than the initial delay, for the simple reason that Verlingua will be required to modify the schedule of work.
- If you make changes to the order after the conclusion of the agreement, we are entitled to adjust the delivery period and/or the fee, and to refuse the order if the delivery period is deemed to be unfeasible. In the latter case, you must pay for the already executed part of the assignment. Every addition and/or change after the order is considered as a separate order.
- Execution of orders
- Verlingua is obliged to carry out all orders to the best of its knowledge and ability and to take into account your instructions and specific requirements.
- You, as the client, are responsible for communicating specific requirements or wishes to us, prior to the establishment of the order.
- Since language is subjective, two correction rounds are included in each order (unless otherwise stated in the agreement with respect to a specific order). If the execution of the order requires corrections, Verlingua must be given the opportunity to execute these at all times.
- Verlingua retains the right to partially or fully seek the collaboration of sub-contractors or third parties, if it is deemed that the specificity of the order requires this. We work with specialized freelance translators or language trainers for many orders, so that we can offer you the highest possible quality.
- All employees and freelancers are bound by a confidentiality agreement regarding all contracts carried out by them. However, Verlingua is not liable for any violation of confidentiality by (freelance) employees.
- You are responsible for the entirety of the legal obligations (including intellectual property) concerning the text provided for translation. Verlingua considers that you, as the client, have written the text and/or have permission to use the text and have it translated. Verlingua executes the client’s order and is also responsible for the necessary authorizations for public bodies, declarations and/or administrative regulations.
- Verlingua reserves the right to request a deposit or advanced payment in full when receiving orders.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, invoice amounts are due and payable within thirty days of the date stated on the invoice. In the case of non-payment, Verlingua has the right to add penalty payments to the amount quoted on the invoice, without giving advanced formal notice, once the original payment deadline indicated on the invoice has lapsed. The penalty payments will be charged at 12% of the amount quoted on the invoice, with a minimum of 175 EUR, and will be subject to an 8.5% interest rate.
- In the event of an objection, you must contest the invoice by means of a registered letter within 10 calendar days of receipt.
- The used of the provided translation is considered proof that the translation is accepted.
- If you cancel an order for any reason, you will be liable for the payment of the already executed part of the order, as well as a 15% additional fee on the part of the order not yet carried out, with a minimum of 125 EUR (to cover our having created a dossier for the order and other administrative costs). Naturally, we will provide you with the work already carried out.
- In the event of non-compliance with the agreed payment conditions by the client, all outstanding invoices and/or debts become immediately due and Verlingua has the right, without any notice of default or judicial intervention, to suspend further deliveries and/or performances, or to regard the agreement as dissolved without prejudice to its claim for compensation.
- All judicial and extrajudicial collection costs, including costs for lawyers, bailiffs and collection agencies, are payable by the client.
- Verlingua can receive a request to issue an invoice to a third party with whom Verlingua has not entered into a contractual agreement. As part of the services offered to clients, Verlingua can accept such a request. However, if the invoice is not paid, Verlingua reserves the right to then issue the invoice to the original requestee. In sum, the non-payment of the invoice by the third party does not relinquish the original requestee of their responsibilities.
- You must report complaints about the work to us as soon as possible, and, in any case, notify us in writing within ten (10) working days of delivery. However, issuing a complaint does not relieve you of your payment obligation within the set period.
- If the complaint is well-founded, the translator will improve or replace the work delivered within a reasonable time or, if we cannot reasonably meet the desire for improvement, grant a discount on the price.
- Unless Verlingua is seriously and demonstrably at fault, or in case of fraud, we can never be held liable for any (consequential) damage suffered by the client, directly or indirectly, in any event, with regard to any errors, including, but not limited to, mistakes, omissions, incorrect use of words. Naturally, we cannot accept any liability for errors, defects and ambiguities in the original text delivered by the client.
- In the event that we are seriously and demonstrably at fault in the execution of the order, our liability is only limited to the amount of the invoice value (excluding VAT) of the relevant order that we charge to the client. Verlingua can never be held liable for all other forms of damage, such as indirect financial damage, trading loss, delay loss and lost profit.
- In no case will Verlingua be liable for complaints regarding style, layout, characters, presentation, quality or format of the carrier, software, etc.
- For technical translations, legal translations and other translations with data, figures, formulas, addresses, etc., it is the final responsibility of the client to check all figures and data in the target text once they have received the translations and, if necessary, to correct these before publishing and/or distributing the translated document internally or externally. The responsibility and the risk of the delivered translations are borne by the client.
- If, you, the client, suffer damage due to late delivery of the translation, you are only entitled to compensation for the demonstrable (consequential) damage suffered, with a maximum of 250 EUR. Verlingua is not obliged to pay compensation if the late delivery is the result of force majeure or of a delay with the postal service.
- The right of the client to a possible claim compensation will, in any case, lapse after two months of delivery of the order.
- Verlingua is not liable for damage caused by the use of information technology and modern means of communication, such as e-mail, internet, fax, etc. In addition, Verlingua is not liable for late delivery caused by strikes, business failures, force majeure as specified in Article 5, network or server malfunctions, or electronic viruses over which it has no direct control.
- In these General Terms and Conditions, in addition to what is understood in the law and jurisprudence, force majeure refers to all unforeseen circumstances on which the translation agency is unable to exert any influence, and which prevent the translation agency from fulfilling its obligations. Force majeure includes but is not limited to: fire, accident, illness, strike, riots, blockades, riots, war, terrorist attacks, government measures, transport impediments, bankruptcy of the client, disruptions in the services of internet providers, negligence from suppliers, epidemics, floods, storms, etc. During the period of force majeure, the obligations of the translation agency will be suspended. If this period of force majeure lasts longer than two (2) months, both parties, namely Verlingua and the client, are entitled to dissolve the agreement unilaterally, without either of these parties being obliged to pay any compensation in that case. If at the commencement of the force majeure the Verlingua has already partially fulfilled its obligations or can only partly fulfil its obligations, we are entitled to invoice the work already carried out separately, and the client is obliged to pay this invoice as if it concerned a separate agreement.
- Sending of documents always takes place at the expense and risk of the client. We always insist, however, on not delivering any important documents through the post. If the decision is made to do so for a specific reason, this always takes place at the risk of the client.
- The nullity or annulment of one of these provisions does not affect the validity of the other provisions.
- Belgian law applies to every agreement with Verlingua. Any disputes will be submitted to the competent court of the judicial district of Kortrijk.
To provide you with the smoothest possible service, we keep certain information about you. However, we believe that the protection of your privacy is essential and therefore strive to keep your data up to date in a fair and transparent manner.
This only concerns data that you have provided to us (e.g. your telephone number or your address). We never obtain information through third parties that are not involved in the language assignment and don’t keep any information about your surfing behaviour on our website or on other websites. Of course, your information will also not be delivered to external parties that are not involved in the language assignment.
In other words, we limit ourselves to the relevant data that is required to carry out your translation or your language training in the most efficient and high-quality manner possible.
Which data do we keep track of?
- Your name & family name
- Your address
- So that we can deliver your translation to the correct address, for example.
- Your e-mail address
- So that we can contact you, for example, in case of questions or to inform you about our services.
- Your phone number
- So that we can contact you in case of urgent questions.
- Your possible VAT number
- So that you receive a correct invoice.
- The documents you provide us with and your translations
- So that we can translate consistently and take action quickly in case you can’t find a certain translation right away.
- Specific quality requirements that you need from us
- So that we can offer you the best possible service.
If you work with us for translation or a language training, we also refer you to this privacy statement and we ask you explicitly to agree to this. No hidden snakes in the grass.
Moreover, we don’t retain your data longer than deemed necessary to provide you with the best possible service (e.g. to answer your questions, to inform you about our services, etc..).
If you wish, you can ask us for a copy of all the information we keep about you. You can of course also request in writing that we delete or modify your data at any time. You must take into account that we can no longer supply certain services (with the same level of quality).
For example, if you ask us to delete your address from our data, please note that we must ask you for your address each time. This may cause delays in sending a certified translation, for instance.
To guarantee the safe processing of your personal data, we also only work with secure company environments that are all compliant with the GDPR regulation.
If you have questions about our privacy statement, please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com. We will be happy to answer your questions!
However, if you are not satisfied with our reply and you have a complaint about our data processing, you can also contact the Belgian Privacy Commission:
Data Protection Authority
Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 BRUSSEL
On this page you can read our Service Agreement.
Our Service Agreement applies to all services that you – as service provider – provide to us – Verlingua BV.
As service provider, you declare that you understand the language in which our Service Agreement is written.
If you consider that deviations from our Service Agreement are necessary for a specific individual order, this can be agreed upon. You must then submit these deviations to us in writing prior to the conclusion of the agreement for the order in question.
If no explicit request is submitted to Verlingua concerning deviations to our Service Agreement, it is considered that those presented in our Service Agreement are accepted. If no agreement is reached regarding any deviation from our Service Agreement, those presented in our Service Agreement stand.
Updated for the last time on 02/02/2021
- What are cookies?
For the use of certain cookies, we need your consent. We ask for it by means of a cookie banner.
- Types of cookies on our website
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential for the operation of the website and cannot be disabled. It is not required to obtain consent for these cookies. They are necessary to keep track of different functions, such as the configuration of your privacy preferences.
- Functionality cookies: they allow the user to use the website most efficiently and improve their overall browsing experience.
- Analytical cookies: these cookies track whether you have visited our website before. They are only used for statistical purposes and to track data traffic. That way, we know which pages are most popular and how visitors navigate through the website.
- Google Analytics cookies: these cookies allow us to track and receive reports on how visitors navigate through the website. The information collected by Google is anonymized in most cases. The IP address is explicitly hidden. The information is sent to Google, which is responsible for storing it on servers located in the United States. Google proposes to comply with the principles of the Privacy Shield and the U.S. Department of Commerce program. This ensures that there is adequate protection in the processing of any personal data.
- Social media cookies: they allow social networks such as Facebook and LinkedIn to record the articles and pages you share through their sharing buttons. This type of cookies also includes tracking cookies that track web browsing behavior.
- Cookies management
You can block and delete cookies easily and at any time by yourself through your web browser. You can also set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Or you can program it not to download certain cookies. You can check your browser's help function for this option.
Each browser has a different way of setting these options. If necessary, consult your browser's help function or click on one of the links below to go directly to your browser's manual.
- Contact us
Do you have questions? Would you like additional information about the cookies policy on our website? Contact us!
The website www.verlingua.be is provided by
8800 Roeselare (Belgium)
BE 0798 701 265